|Grape/Varietal : Zweigelt, Blaufränkisch, Saint Laurent||Color : Red|
|Origin : Austria||Bottle Size : 75cl|
|Region : Carnuntum||ABV : 12.5%|
|Vintage : 2015||Natural Factor: Organic|
The driven winemaker Johannes Trapl grows traditional Austrian varieties organically in the region of Carnuntum.
His organic journey began over 10 years ago with the initial goal being to have all of his vineyards certified, his attention has now turned to biodynamic practices. Devoted to plant diversity and vineyard care, his grapes are carefully watched as they reach a steady, healthy ripeness. This natural, low tech approach is continued in the winery where grapes for his premium wines are foot-trodden and then naturally fermented before being aged in amphoras to help bring to life the efforts and attention shown in the vineyard.
The vines for this red blend of Zweigelt (60 %), Blaufränkisch (30 %) and Sankt Laurent (10 %) flourish on sandy-loamy soils around Stixneusiedl. The grapes are handpicked and sorted manually. 80 % of the grapes are destemmed, the remaining 20 % is trodden by foot with the stems. The mash is fermented spontaneously for 6 to 8 days with ambient yeasts and pressed gently. The 6-month maturation takes place in 500-litre wooden barrels, stainless steel tanks and amphorae. No cultivated yeasts, enzymes or fining agents are employed. This blend stands out with its intensive reddish violet colour. In the nose it beguiles with a multifaceted bouquet of herbs and spices underlain with dark cherries and berries. The texture is juicy and elegantly styled. The finish thrills with a mineral touch and tremendous length
Pairs Well With:
Roasted Chinese Duck
Sylvester – You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)